Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kona United Methodist Church

This is the new church I've been going to lately. It's a really friendly place even though the Bible studies are a lil ADD-ish haha. RIght now I'm joining the Youth group cuz it's all in English, and the youth pastor is white, and the guy who plays guitar and leads the praise is black? not really sure where his heritage is, but lots of racist jokes thrown back and forth hahah.

The service is at 11am, so it's really nice. Most other church's services start at 9am, so while my roommates are getting ready, I get to stay in my lil comfy/not so comfy bed haha. There's a bunch of vans that come and shuttle people to the different churches, so mine comes at about 10:20-10:40am.

Well I haven't uploaded many pictures recently, so I'll upload a bunch right now xD. I took these pictures after the service was over tho, but maybe next week I'll take a picture of what the actual services look like ^^.

Where here's a bunch of random pics ^^:


This is the Youth Group Pastor right now named Henry ^^


This is the 13 yr old girl that taught me how to count in Japanese haha.


2 guys from the youth group that lead praise. The guy on the left is a really good singer and the guy on the right is pretty crazy at guitar.


The entrance of the church~


So cool how there's no walls xD. It's so nice cuz during service you can feel the nice warm breeze flow through the church ^^.


Yunjee, the girl from before, got bored during service and made the strings into hearts haha.


And me playing guitar at the front of the church for fun. For those who've never seen me without my glasses, tada~! Hmm, think I've lost some weight after coming to Hawaii o.o; Well my body, maybe not my face hahah.

7 comments:

  1. Promise me there won't be any hitting on 13 years old girls jay. Also, those strings are adorable! I really hope your having fun ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, dun worry I know my limits haha. I just view girls that young as lil sisters, so its all good.

    And yup yup, I'm having lots of fun here ^^ Meeting so many cool people xD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah good to hear~
    oh also, did you know that vampires coexist with us? humans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, how are you not used to ADD-ish Bible study!
    Sonny JDSN pulls his hair out everytime because of our collective ADD! hahahahaha! glad you are enjoying your church~!

    -jenn-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, what the heck to Fade's comment.

    Well this a total new level of ADD, this is total ADHD hahaha. Like the teacher will say something deep like "So, what does it mean by 'the righteous will live by faith?'" and one of the students will clap and be like "In 2 weeks we're going to eat mangoes, those mangoes in those trees look like they'll be ripe any week now!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still having trouble understanding how your religion works J w.

    That poor Ibanez looks in poor shape, I really feel bad for its strings ( but wow, you're tanned). What were you playing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah, be careful what you wish for *goes through the whole Bible with Shin and won't leave him alone* haha.

    Ya, this Ibanez is really cheap but the guy said that his dad might buy him a new guitar. The first one was just to see if he'd actually keep up playing guitar, and now that he's good, his dad's thinking of getting him one that's around $1000 xD.

    ReplyDelete