Thursday, January 14, 2010

Outreach

So we had to decide where to go on our outreach (mission part of DTS). I was surprised to hear that there were a LOT of different places we could go. They said there'll be around 9-12 people in each group, so just hoping I'll know some people when the groups are decided.

We were told not to talk to others about it, just so we're not going to bias our decision on what other people pick. Well I'll list the places now cuz I bet you're all curious:

1) Afghanistan (2 groups)
2) China/Japan (and going to the North Korean border to pray for their country)
3) Europe (2 groups, around Amsterdam, Prague, and Paris)
4) New Zealand
5) United States of America (East coast tour)
6) Haiti (they just had a massive earthquake, so YWAM is going to help them out)

So 8 different groups in all. I know Shin's thinking "J totally picked China/Japan" but I actually didn't. We had only 24 hours to decide, so after praying about it, I thought "If I do pick some places, I dunno if it'll be from my own wanting/will or if it's God, but maybe I'll put my trust in God and let Him decide for me" So on the paper we handed in I wrote "I will trust in you Lord, not my will but let Yours be done. I will go anywhere for outreach."

I have some feeling that I'll end up going to one of the places I don't want to go like Afghanistan, but I figure, if I put my trust in God, then He'll take care of me. If I ever was at gun point and told to reject my religion, I really do wonder what the outcome would be. In my mind, I always see a video like reel of me accepting death keeping my faith, and thinking "If I don't have Christianity, is my life still worth living anyways?" and always think of what Martin Luther said "Here I am, I know no other!" I don't really know a life without faith, so thinking of living without it just seems worthless to me I guess. Like I always wonder what atheists live for or if they have hope at all (no offense to any atheists). To me Christianity gives me hope.

Oh, I remember a pastor here saying an awesome line. "Being a christian doesn't mean we are perfect and don't fall (mess up), it just means that when we fall, we pick ourselves up and keep on going."

Well I guess I'm totally off topic now and it's getting to a pretty depressing topic, so I'll stop now. I'm still a lil sick, but I got some medication and vitamins from friends here ^^. Also 2 people asked to pray for me, so hoping I'll get better really soon xD. My throat feels a lot better than before, just hope it'll stay that way when I wake up *crosses fingers*.

Oks, well this is getting long, see ya all later ^^.

4 comments:

  1. Well...where to start.

    I can't lie and say I wasn't disappointed reading this, mainly because you might have guessed until now I'm a horrible liar.

    But what you're doing there and friends are two completely separated things for one. And secondly, though our beliefs are different, I can understand why you want to let yourself guided by God. A lot of moments in my life, that took me where I am here right now were not in my hands but guided by something else, that I call fate and Christians call God. I don't know if it's that much of a difference after all, I just know the more we struggle to take the right decisions the worse we fall w.

    However...I believe we were given the right to live on this earth with a purpose. Many people struggle to survive and their lives are still cut short way too soon, so don't look on death so lightly please.

    I'll still hope you end up in Japan, who knows. w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya sorry if I took death too lightly >.<; I know it's a huge deal, it was just my own view on it.

    Hmm, they actually have no clue where in Japan we're going to go, so if I do somehow end up going, you might have to travel a whiles away to see me haha. *Shin has to drive to the middle of nowhere and gets his sporty car all dirty* haha.

    Well if somehow we do meet up, don't think you'll be safe from being spoken about Christianity to haha. *Group members do a revival prayer over Shin* hehe.

    Once I find out where I'm going, I'll post it right away ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind being talked to about Christianity. My mother was a Christian like I told you so I am not completely close minded to it.

    I respect what you guys do either way, so it would be really interesting to me to hear what they'd have to say.

    As for you, if it's in Japan, you can be sure I'll be there. I'll just have to hope your group members don't get weirded out to be stalked by a Japanese guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah, I'll just be like, "Oh him? He's my #1 fan" hahah jk jks.

    ReplyDelete