Thursday, January 7, 2010

Searching for civilization @.@:


So apparently this university is in the middle of nowhere, but by the beach, so there's lots of those tourist stores everywhere. There's this one store called "ABC Stores" and I literally saw 3+ of them already o.o;

I decided to go shopping today, so I went on a LONG walk. There's no buses around here, so you need to walk everywhere (except on weekends where there's shuttle buses). Seeing that it was Thursday, I decided to walk to Target which I heard was 45 min. away by walking.

So the search for Target began. I mentally checked my list of stuff I needed to buy:
-Toothpaste
-Bed Sheets
-Pillow
-Towels

I didn't bring all that stuff cuz I thought they'd supply it, plus it'd take up a crazy amount of room in my bag, so I thought "Whatever" and didnt pack it. The toothpaste was confiscated, so needed to buy one and not pirate away my roommate's for 3 months haha.

The walk just to find the store took me 2 hours! Before this, all I did was wash my face and hair and head out (couldnt dry my hair cuz no towel haha). I searched and searched and ended up at a dead end, and THERE in the distance I saw it!!! TARGET!!!

I was so happy cuz I was crazy dehydrated, and quickly got there and bought a slushy (which is really foamy here instead of icey o.O). So I bought all of my stuff and walked 1 hour back with 3 bags and a brand new pillow xD.

On the way back though, everyone was looking at my funny and I realized I was not only the only asian I saw, but I was carrying 3 bags from a place 1 hour away haha. Oh wells, I like to stick out >=D.

Guess I'll be doing a lot of walking for now on, but at least I'll have a higher chance of getting my beach body xD Beach body, here I come~

No comments:

Post a Comment