Sunday, January 31, 2010

Emergency Response Team Training

So two days ago this random man came up to me and my work duty friends and asked if we wanted to be apart of a emergency response team training season. I thought that sounded pretty cool (not to be part of the team, but part of the training thingy) cuz they said we get to be victims in a natural disaster and get makeup on us to look like we're bleeding and such. 2 of the people I were with didn't want to do it cuz it started at 8:30am the next morning, but me and my german friend Janina said we'd do it.

When we got there the next morning, it took the fire department 3 HOURS to get there >.>;; So we were a lil pissed off cuz we're both totally not morning people and were cranky haha. I ended up just helping her with her ESL (english second language) workbook stuff while we waited and I realized...well knew before but realized even more.....I totally suck at english hahaha. I know how to use it, but I totally have no clue how to explain it because I don't know any of the rules x.x; Also my vocab SUCKS haha. I think the ESL Koreans here know more vocab than me haha.

So anyways, the fire department people finally came, set up, and put make up on Janina, the kids that were helping out, and a man from Norway. I was wearing long sleeves and pants stupidly, so it didn't work out, so I just had to act haha. Me and Janina were in an area with a lil kid named Christian and our story was this: Me and Janina were looking over this kid in preschool when an earthquake hit and shook everything. Janina went to turn off the power so the electric lines wouldn't make a fire but when she did, she saw a flash and burned her hand. Christian went to hide under the table, but something hit his head, and I went to get help but pathetically tripped over a board and fractured my leg on the ground haha.

The Emergency response people had to find us and then pretend to give us care and such. They wrapped up my leg with a piece of cardboard and wrapped up the kids' and Janina's burns and cuts. The had to carry the man out cuz he was pretending to have an internal injury from a beam falling on him, but they had some trouble lifting him cuz he was kinda big hahah.

Well here are some pics:


The makeup kit for making us look hurt hehe


A dummy of a dead fireman haha. They put a table over him so it looked like he got trapped.


The kid were with. Doesn't the head injury look so good? haha


Janina's burnt hand haha


My dramatic fall from a wooden plank in the ground x.x;

8 comments:

  1. Tsk, Jay that's so like you, always ,but always, taking the spotlight away...The kid is hurt, the girl is burned, but jay has gotta be worse ! So he jumps to the ground and cries! Have you no shame!?
    *This was my point of view*
    Tsk, this is so like jay, whenever he's needed..He falls on the ground and pretends to be dead! Way to go jecht's body wanna-be!
    *This was my other point of view*

    fufufuf That is right Jay Song no matter what path you pick I win! YOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    I'm so beatrice today~

    But either ways that really does seem fun! I'd like to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.O;; Good thing my name isn't Jay haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah that's pretty realistic makeup ( don't worry most native speakers actually suck at English w).

    I bet you weren't running to get help but after the plate of chicken wings that got thrown on the ground during the violent earth movements, JUSTIN.w
    ( and sure your name isn't technically Jay, but since we've called you that for over 2 years, it should be accepted).

    Ever noticed how J.Song is read almost like Jason?

    - i was thinking about the Jason thing and wrote your name Jason up there too ahahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. OI OI Don't call me Jason x.x; Gah, how I loath that name haha. And don't tell, but I'm secretly eating them on the ground and not passed out haha, that's why my head's turned jk jk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! sounds like a lot of fun~
    though I can't understand WHY you would be wearing long pants and shirt when it's HAWAII?! aren't you melting?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh~That is true! Why ? I really doubt its cold around there~ Also I just called you jay cause i tought you didn't like being called Justin~but alright~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well thought you would call me J like everyone else. Think you're the only one that calls me Jay.

    Anywho, ya Im too used to dressing like a Canadian haha. I wear jeans everyday and only worse shorts once haha. It's pretty hot here, but I just hate wearing shorts. My legs are so long, so when I wear shorts, they all look like short shorts on me haha. Also I've already had enough mosquito bites here x.x; Rather avoid getting more on my legs @.@;

    ReplyDelete